Built in 1869 by Max Albert, this hotel located in Barnesville was known as the Albert House. However, before this, a Mr. Israel operated a hotel in a two story log building on the same property. Then, in 1826 John O. Parsons opened it as the Barnesville Hotel. In 1833, part of the building was torn down. In the 1920s it was also known as the Shannon Hotel. So much history has passed through the building, but it was eventually left unoccupied for several years, leading to its destruction this past March.