The Barnesville B&O Railroad Depot, constructed in 1917, served as a functioning railroad station until 1983. Although the train tracks have been removed, the depot still stands and is visitable by the public. The Barnesville Depot served as a major hub for transportation of goods and people into and out of the Ohio Valley. It was a site for many troop send-offs during World War l, World War ll, and the Korean War. The building sat vacant, but it was opened for the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival to exhibit the history of Barnesville. After renovations were done by the Village of Barnesville, there was a pavillion, a cigar museum, and a restored train car added. Below is an image of a postcard from Barnesville, Ohio of the depot circa 1914.