A spark from soldering work has been found to be the likely cause of a fire that destroyed the roof of Bob's Drive Thru last Tuesday, Dec. 9 and forced two other buildings to be evacuated.

Barnesville Fire Department Fire Chief Bob Smith said the fire appears to have been started by accident, following soldering work being done on bathroom waterlines at the Drive Thru. Smith said one of the employees of Bob's discovered the fire and contacted owner Bobby Froehlich.

Clean-up work continued at the 110 E. South St. business last week and China One has reopened for business.

Chief Smith said the buiding was declared a total loss and will be torn down this week.

Black smoke filled the air and nearby roads were closed to traffic as crews from five local fire departments, including Barnesville, Somerton, Bethesda, Belmont and Flushing battled the fire for more than three hours.

"We had plenty of help," Chief Smith said.

Flames burned through the roof of that business and also caused a nearby restaurant and a nearby apartment house to be evacuated.

According to Chief Smith, both buildings sustained minor water damage.

No one was injured in the fire. Crews had the fire and all of the hot spots out around 2:30 p.m. In addition to the fire departments, the Salvation Army canteen was also on hand to assist the firefighters and other responders.