Belmont County Victorian Mansion Museum, 532 N. Chestnut St. Barnesville , OH 43719 announces 2011 displays, programs and events:
January through April - Open by appointment only.
May - Millinery
· Hat collection display - The museum's collection of hats will be featured.
· Student month - area school children are invited to visit the museum for reduced fee of $1.
·150 Year Anniversary of the Civil War -186l-2011. Civil War related exhibits.
June - Here Comes the Bride
· Display of Bridal Gowns and wedding finery- Always a popular showing.
· Rose Tea & Mini Style Show - Sunday, June 12, 2 PM - The public is invited - $15 fee. Reservations are required and due by June 8 - call 740-695-0766 or 740-425-2273.
· Croquet Tournament and Ice Cream Social - Saturday, June 25 - 1-5 p.m.
Join us for a Victorian Era Croquet Tournament and Ice Cream Social.
Purchase a hot dog or a glass of lemonade or a scoop of ice cream for 50 Cents. Participate in the cake walk, the Croquet Tournament and listen to the music. Bring you lawn chair, sit back, relax and enjoy the afternoon. There is something for everyone.
July - Flowers & Herbs
· Floral displays of fresh or silk flowers. Area businesses are invited to participate by providing a floral arrangement from their business.
· Herb Day & Luncheon - July 16 -10 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Displays and demonstrations for uses of herbs by the Monroe County Herb Society. The demonstrations will be at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The Luncheon will be at noon and reservations are required, please call 740 695-0766 or 425-2273. The luncheon is $15. There is no charge to attend the demonstrations. Please join us for these new and interesting events.
August- Summer's Final Fling -
·Children's games and toys will be on display.
·Kid's Camp- August 1, 2 and 3. Hours: 9 -11:30 a.m. Cost: $10 per day. For children entering grades 3, 4 and 5 only. Pre-registration is required. Crafts, games, food and history will be offered by our experienced staff.
Call (740) 425-2228 to secure a spot for your child or children as space is limited.
September - Quilt Collection
·Quilt display both old and new - The museum collection of quilts and newer quilts will be presented.
· Museum hours for The Barnesville Pumpkin Festival September 21-25. The museum will have extended hours for this event. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, hours will be noon to 4 p.m. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.. Old fashioned hot dogs and real lemonade will be for sale on Saturday of the Pumpkin Festival.
October - Fall is in the Air
· Silent Auction and Wine Tasting - Saturday, October 8, at 7 p.m. Tickets: $20. Refreshments will be provided. See any board member for tickets. This event is back by popular demand.
If you would like to donate an item to the auction please call (740)425-2343 or 425-1112 or 484-4716. Refusal rights retained. No electronics please.
·Professional Psychic Readings and Cemetery Walk - October 22, from 8 - 10 p.m. You must be 21 years of age. $25 donation. Refreshments provided. Reservations required and due by Oct. 20, call 740 425-1112, 425-2228 or 484-4716.
November - The Magic of Christmas
· The Magic of Christmas Tours - The museum will be open Saturday and Sunday, November 26 and 27 from 1-4 p.m. each day for our ever popular Christmas Tours.
· A Victorian Visit with Santa - Saturday, November 26, 10 to 12:30 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.
Your child will be delighted with his or her visit with Santa.
There is no admission is fee but in the Spirit of Christmas we are asking each child to donate a can of food for the local food bank.
A picture with Santa will be available for a nominal fee.
December - The Magic of Christmas Tours continue -
· The museum will be open for tours each weekend through December 18.
On Friday from 5 - 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from one to 1 - 4 p.m.
Beginning December 26 tours will be available by appointment only through January 9, 2012. Call (740) 425-1112, 425-2273, 425-2343 or 484-4716 to schedule an appointment.
· Victorian Christmas Tea - Friday, December 2, 2 p.m. The public is invited. Reservations are required. $15 donation. Call (740) 695-0766, 425-2273 or 484-4716. November 29 is the last day for reservations.
Belmont County Victorian Mansion Museum - General Information
Tours - The Belmont County Victorian Mansion Museum is open for guided tours from May 1 through October 1 each Wednesday through Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. The tour fee is $5 for adults and $2 for youth 6 to 18. The Museum is open year round by appointment. Groups of ten or more are admitted at a reduced rate. Bus tours welcome. For an appointment call 740 425-2273, 740 425-1112 or 740 484-4716 or call the Museum at 740 425-2926 and leave a message. The Museum is located at 532 N. Chestnut St. ., Barnesville, OH .
Rentals -The Museum and Gazebo are available to rent for meetings, weddings etc. call 740 425-2343 for further information.
Private Teas or luncheons are available for groups of ten or more persons. The cost is $15 per person. The tour fee is extra. Reservations are required, call 740 695-0766, 740 968-4673 or 740 425-2926.
Please visit our Web site www.barnesvilleohio.com/belmontcountymuseum/ for more information.
Volunteers are always welcome. If you would like to decorate a room for Christmas, serve as docent or serve in another capacity please call 740 484-4716.