The Barnesville Board of Education and Administration thanked departing Treasurer Matt King for his years of service to the local district at the July 19 board meeting.
King came to the district in August 2005. For the past 32 months, he worked under a "shared-service contract" serving both as treasurer for the local district and the East Central Ohio Education Service Center. Next month, he will become the full-time Treasurer/CEO for East Ohio Central.
Cheryl Pritts will take over as treasurer today, Aug. 1. She was awarded a three-year contract in May. She previously served as the chief financial officer for the Buckeye Career Center at Uhrichsville.
In other action, the board:
• Issued one year limited supplemental contracts for Daniele Anderson, Middle School computer coordinator; D.J .Butler, offensive coordinator; Sean McCrate, assistant football coach; Mark Brown, head girls’/boys’ cross country coach; Jason Perkins, assistant boys’ basketball coach; Leslie Skinner, head softball coach and Mark Brown, head girls’ track.
• Volunteer coaches appointed were: Luke Johnson, Jayson Stephen, Tony Starr, Brady Treherne, volunteer assistant football coaches; Nicholas Bauman, volunteer assistant golf coach; Heather Willis, Sheila McFarland and Nicole Martin, volunteer assistant volleyball coaches.
• Approved the Treasurer’s recommendations to issue 2018-19 cafeteria contracts to Nickles Bakery for bread and Broughton Foods for milk.
• Set school lunch prices at $2.65 for elementary school; $2.75 for middle school; $2.90 for high school and $3.65 for adults.
• Approved student/family and volunteer handbooks for the coming year.
• Approved athletic ticket and athletic pass prices for the 2018-19 school year.
• Established bus routes and schedules.
• Named member Sam Lucas to attend the FY 2018 Capital Conference.
• Approved a list of area residents as substitutes for the new school year as aides, cooks, custodians, nurses, secretaries, bus drivers and groundskeepers.
The next regular meeting of the board of education will take place Thursday, Aug. 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the middle school cafetorium.