Performing Arts Center: The Performing Arts Center on the campus of Kent State University at Tuscarawas provides the largest venue in Tuscarawas County and is used by organizations and businesses for many events. Local dance schools, the Schoenbrunn Valley Barbershop Chorus, and the Tuscarawas Philharmonic have utilized the 50,000-square-foot showcase for the arts.
The $17.5 million center was constructed with the intention of adding more variety to the quality of life in the county. More than 1,500 people attended a Community Open House in 2010.
The availability of the center has aided a significant expansion of the campus’ academic credit classes related to the arts. The second floor Educational Wing features a rehearsal room designed to accommodate 75 musicians, two large classrooms, faculty offices and restrooms.
The center offers free parking for all events. The box office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
For more information, call the box office at 330-308-6400 or go online to www.kent.edu/tusc/pac
Need directions? GPS it at 330 University Dr NE, New Philadelphia

Lynn Drive-In: “Come as you are in the family car” and see the “Stars under the Stars” is the slogan for the oldest drive-in theater in Ohio. The Lynn Drive-in, also called The Lynn Auto Theatre, has been in continuous operation since 1937.
The Lynn Drive-in is on a 6-acre site and is one of the few remaining grass drive-ins. Instead of theater-style seating, viewers watch from blankets, lawn chairs, or even atop their vehicles as they view Hollywood’s stars from under the stars.
While in season, gates open at 7 p.m. for the two movies per night on each of its two outdoor screens.
Need directions? GPS it at 9735 State Route 250 NW, Strasburg.
Quaker Cinema: The first theater built exclusively for movies in Tuscarawas County opened on Nov. 1, 1940.
The old seats in the two auditoriums have been replaced with 165 newer, wider seats in each.
Extensive improvements included restoration of the glass blocks at the box office and roof repairs. The exterior was restored to its original, vintage yellow and green steel-sheet tiles with baked-on enamel coating.
Need directions? GPS it at 158 W. High Ave., New Philadelphia
Little Theatre: Formed in 1951, Little Theatre of Tuscarawas County is a community theater dedicated to providing live theater — with area talent — to Tuscarawas County and beyond.
The theater officially opened June 18, 1963, with a production of “The Miracle Worker.”
For information on the vacility, visit www.thelittletheatreonline.org.
Need directions? GPS it at 466 Carrie Ave. NW, New Philadelphia.