Saturday, July 1

2:05 p.m., Morgantown Avenue caller advised she was being harassed by her ex and wanted to get a restraining order. She was advised to file a report first.

2:16 p.m., male called in reference to getting custody of his children. He was advised to contact an attorney.

2:17 p.m., previous caller called back and was very upset about the care of his children. He was advised that an officer would call him back.

Sunday, July 2

8:42 a.m., report of cows loose on Tacoma Road.

2:39 p.m., report of a white, Ford truck parked too close to the stop sign on Bethesda Street.

Monday, July 3

11:43 p.m., South Gardner Street resident called in reference to her brother drinking,and yelling while at their aunt and uncle's house. She said she was at work, but the rest of the family at the house would not call the police on him because he is family. An officer drove by the residence, but no one was outside and no yelling was heard. The caller was advised that if the home owners called and requested assistance or asked that he be removed, an officer would respond.

Tuesday, July 4

12:01 a.m., officer in foot pursuit of subject from previous call on South Gardner Street. Male was in custody at 12:27 a.m. and transported to the station and then Belmont County jail.

3:41 a.m., traffic stop at entrance to Hillcrest. Field sobriety test given.

4:24 a.m., hit/skip reported on North Chestnut Street. Caller advised a black Dodge hit a street light and pole and left going toward SR 800. American Electric Power was contacted in regard to low lying power lines.

10:21 p.m., male on station stated that he got into an argument with someone, but was unsure where the incident occurred. He said he had walked to the station and it had taken him 20 minutes. Officer spoke to the man. A few minutes later, the man was outside the station vomiting, but refused medical treatment. The man said he drank two bottles of water quickly and that was what made him sick. He needed a ride to the hotel where he was staying, but the taxi service was not available because it was a holiday.

11:16 p.m., report of fireworks going off on East Main Street.

11:17 p.m., a male stopped at the station to report that there was a male laying in the middle of the entrance to Crestview Cemetery.

11:32 p.m., female caller from previous fireworks complaint, called again to report that more fireworks were being let off. The caller was advised that officers were on a call and would respond as soon as they could.

Wednesday, July 5

9:57 a.m., anonymous caller reported a blue, Town and Country van was parked facing the wrong way on West South St. The owners moved the vehicle.

12:39 p.m., report of several cars on Laws Street that had items stolen out of them during the night.

3:29 p.m., cemetery crew found a needle in a parking lot on South Chestnut Street. An officer collected the item.

5:18 p.m., female caller stated that a dog was locked inside a car in a parking lot on East Main Street. The caller stated that the windows were cracked, but the dog was still panting badly.

Thursday, July 6

3:35 p.m., man called in reference to trapping a skunk in a live trap. Officer attempted to call the game warden, but could not reach him. The caller said he released the skunk.

3:46 p.m., Wiley Avenue caller reported that an unoccupied car parked at the gas station crashed into his yard.