- 1 of 2 Photos | View More Photos
Barnesville Hospital’s North Nurses Wing will be rededicated in memory of John Sawvel and his grandmother, Clara Groves, on May 9 at 3:30 p.
m. The community is welcome to attend. John was employed at Barnesville Hospital for nearly 55 years and many of those years as Chief Financial Officer and as Controller.
In his retirement John also served on the Hospital’s Board of Trustees.
“John had a tremendous work ethic and was always a wonderful resource for the Hospital.
He knew everyone. After his retirement he stayed involved with the Accounting Department and also assisted the Foundation with the Capital Campaign for the new Emergency Department.
He is missed.”
She organized the Hospital Auxiliary Twigs in the late 1940’s and early 1950’s.
By 1954 her dynamic leadership had helped to establish 45 Twigs comprised of 1,000 local women who all worked to successfully raise funds for the hospital expansion.
Clara served as President of the Barnesville Hospital Auxiliary from 1946-1953 and she joined the Barnesville Hospital Board of Trustees in 1940 serving in various capacities including President and Vice President.
In addition to her community service, Clara raised John and his sister, Jane Sawvel Daley, after the death of their mother.
He remembered as a teenager helping his grandfather, Willard Groves, unload equipment for the “new” hospital.
He was nominated twice for the Ohio Hospital Association Albert E.
Dyckes Healthcare worker of the year and served twice as Barnesville Hospital Employee of the Year.
These renovations were made possible due to the generous support of our community.
Everyone is welcome to stop out and view the rooms.
Refreshments will be provided.
“Due to our wonderful community support we were able to upgrade furnishings, fixtures and the overall appearance of the patient rooms.