The Ohio Hills Folk Festival Quilt Show will be held in Quaker City, July 11 - 14. Located in the Central Christian Church, Broadway St. Hours are Wednesday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Entries will only be accepted at the church from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10. To keep our show unique, please do not enter any quilts that were shown in the last four years. Participants are limited to six entries. Quilts may be picked up on Saturday, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. only or make other arrangements beforehand.
1. Applique Quilt: Hand or Machine Applique
2. Pieced Patchwork Quilt - Handquilted
3. Pieced Patchwork Quilt - Machine Quilted
4. Mixed Media: Full size and Pieced, Applique or Embroidery on the same quilt
5. Mixed Media: Wall hangings Pieced, Applique or Embroidery on the same hanging
6. Antique Quilts (Must be made before 1950)
7. Small quilted items: Pillows, Table runners, placemats, toys, wearable, quilted items, purses, etc.
8. Baby quilts
9. Floss Embroidered or Cross-stitch
10. Miscellaneous Quilts: Photo, Signature Quilt, Contemporary, or unusual Designed Quilt
11. Rag Quilts
12. Landscape or art Quilt
13. Panel Wallhangings or Full size quilts: Quilted from preprinted fabric or panels
14. Knotted Quilts
Judges will award ribbons for first, second, third and fourth place in each class.
Rosettes will be awarded to Best of Show, Best Use of Color, Special Recognition, Festival Choice and Best Design. Machine or Hand Quilted items will both be accepted and judges will also award rosettes for the Best Old Handquilting, and Best Machine Quilting. Each item may be entered in once class only. Quilts must be clean. All quilters are welcome to enter.
The Ohio Hills Folk Festival Association will provide security, but will not be responsible for lost, missing, stolen or damaged items for exhibit. For Information: Sally Mehler 679-2859, Nancy Gallagher 679-2283, or Sharon Bouchonville 679-3550.
Quilt Show Raffle: Full size quilt - Buckeye Beauty, made by the Who Cooks For You Quilt Guild and machine quilted by Sharon Bouchonville. Raffle Tickets will be available at the show. Tickets will be $1 or six tickets for $5.
Vendors will be available in the church annex (Garfield Hall) during the entire quilt show. There will be fabric, notions, kits, books, and more. Also new this year will be quilting demonstrations at Garfield Hall on Thursday of the festival and a fabric sale from the quilt guild on Friday morning at 11 a.m.
New demonstrations will be presented every hour so plan to come and spend the day with us. Check out Ohio Hills Folk Festival online for more information.