'Good For You, Good For Barnesville,' promoting wellness, local businesses and supporting local services
Can't think of a gift for that certain someone? Don't want to contribute to the Chinese/American trade deficit? Irked by supporting the oil nations driving to the Highlands? Then you should check out "Good For You, Good for Barnesville."
"Good For You, Good for Barnesville" is a wellness-based, interactive gift event at which shoppers can purchase gifts beneficial to the recipient and to local businesses. Shoppers will enjoy food samples. Yoga/Zumba, scrapbooking and spinning/weaving demonstrations may be available.
The event will be held on Saturday, Dec. 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Library Annex, 611 N. Chestnut St. (former Dairy Mart building).
Raffle tickets will give buyers the chance to win any number of gift baskets of their choosing donated by each vendor. A free raffle ticket will be given to those who donate a canned good (to benefit St. Vincent DePaul's food pantry).
Proceeds from the event will also benefit Barnesville Coats for Kids and the Barnesville Hutton Memorial Library.
Participating businesses are expected to include:
* Rockwell Orchards -- hot spiced cider, cold cider and spice bags.
* Fruits of Life -- Burpee seeds, herbs, etc.
* Morning Mist Farms -- homemade goat soaps, lip balm and soy candles.
* Buckeye Grove Farms -- award-winning farmstead- artisan, raw milk cheeses.
* Kari McGee -- massage therapist.
* Brenda Barkeloo, P.T. -- Myofascial Release Specialist.
* South Central Power -- energy gift certificates to help someone on your gift list with their bill.
* Barnesville Area Chamber of Commerce -- Barnesville Gold gift certificates redeemable at all Barnesville businesses.
Other participants may include: Ryman and Terrett Pharmacy, Hometown Memories and Corner Fitness.
Details for this event are still pending and will be updated in future editions.